Quality Control System
Immulab Securacell™ is a four sample, quality control system for immunohaematology laboratories, designed to control, standardise and validate all routine tests. These tests include blood grouping, antibody screening, antibody identification and antibody titres. Securacell™ is designed to simulate, behave and be processed as a routine patient sample.
Securacell™ includes the patented KODE™ CA (Carbohydrate Antigen) technology that provides Group Aweak and Bweak cells, allowing users to measure the accuracy, precision and sensitivity of laboratory tests in clinical practice
Securacell™ is designed to simulate a patient sample and be tested in parallel with routine patient samples. This reagent is validated for use by tube, tile and microplate techniques, and direct addition into BioVue™ and DiaMed CAT systems.
Immulab Securacell™ has seven primary purposes:
- ABO RhD Blood Grouping Control
- Antibody Screening and Identification Control
- Antibody Titre Standard
- ABO Analytical Sensitivity Control
- Routine Process Control for Manual and Automated Systems
- Replicate Testing Control
- Competency Assessment Control